Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Wrapping up some stuff and getting my mojo back...

Snowboarding season ended in with a bang; literally, I hit my noggin' hard and called it a wash. I have vowed, mark my words, NEVER to return to WinterPlace, WV ever again. I am 2 for 2 in AWFUL trips to that place. I am figuring it just has bad voo-doo for my aura or whatever. Nonetheless, I am DONE with that place! In looking back, I am still simply taken and in love with snowboarding. I think most of this is because I find it noncompetitive and feel no real compulsion to "improve" or become the shizznit at it. I am 100% satisfied in thinking about running the blues from this point on. I guess, in normal people speak, I DO want to improve, but in compulsive, competitive, give it all or don't try, have to be the best and expect the best, win and conquer at all costs personality world, I am totally satisfied with cruising down the slopes, alone if need be, and being normal at this one. I can't wait until the white stuff lays again, but only for the sake of strapping on 163cm of total fun and hittin' it up. Good friendships were rekindled and new adventures were launched over this one chunk of wood with places to fasten my boots into it. It is a high point of my 35 to say the least.
And, since I brought it up, my 35th was just in the rear view. I had a great Birthday Fest week, complete with many great well wishes and my Birthday Stocking from Honey. As a matter of fact, my parents came up and celebrated with some manual labor, some good beer and food, and a Birthday Check! It is always good to see and spend time with 2 of my 3 favorite people in the world. I wish everyone could have the connections with someone, anyone, that I have with my parents. They are the best people in the WWW.

So, it is now full on boating season. In my mind I mark this with the turning on (or off actually) of the middle Ocoee dam. I had a stomach bug (and it snowed and snowed) the 1st runnable weekend, but I hit it up with my bffik , Andy, the 2nd weekend. I tried out a new boat, and liked it okay. I was happy to be back on the water which was not what I thought I was going to feel. I immediately refocused and regained the drive again. I thought it was lost and I was going to be a boating has-been, but as the gods (and no, I still don't believe; it is FIGURATIVE) would have it I still have some left in me that I want to milk out. I think I am happy with this. I want to get to the Ocoee, Wilson Creek, and The Park soon to do work. This says a lot to those of you that have been enlightened with my struggles with boating/my head this winter.

But, boating waited its turn to catch my fancy again because of my newest toy. It is tangible proof that if you bug the hell out of someone long enough they will cave in, even if it is only in a moment of weakness, they will throw in the towel. In an odd twist of events, I asked and the stars, moon, my ass, and the northern lunar eclipse were all in phase and Honey agreed. I took NO time in picking out what I wanted and four days later came home with this gem:
As luck would have it, this bike is my LEAST favorite color and frame type, but the guy that had it was super nice to it, and being that I really am a redneck (not a foe one) I knew the engine etc. was solid and that was ultimately the deciding factor! I have not had my hand in it yet and am enjoying just taking it to school on sunny days and for area weekend rides. As I feel more confident on it I'll hit my buddy Bob up to butt in on his rides. He loggs some serious miles.

I feel like I am leaving out tons. I am still going to try to do better about updates and such. As soon as I can figure out how in the world to post a lot of pictures without taking up tons of room I'll post all the junk I have accumulated that needs to find a new home....Yakima racks, paddles, bags, gloves, booties, .....you name it......I need to find a new home for it! Sit on top crockoyack...it is an endless list.....I might just be on the verge of selling it all and starting over....nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: