Monday, February 19, 2007

More snowboarding...an update















Pictures 1st...they are always the BEST.

Okay, so I am addicted. Since we are without a shed at this point, and all my "stuff" as Judy refers to it as, is all over the house, the bathroom was the only good place to get some pictures or my new toy. I am the proud owner of a Arbor Push snowboard complete with Burton Lexia bindings, which will soon become K2 Cinch bindings (thanks A.H.).


I have been back to Ober G'burg a few more times, well, to be honest, three more times, since I first tried snowboarding on for size. My second trip was as fun filled and stress free as the 1st. THEN came the learning curve. I arrived home last Friday night looking like I had gotten into a fight with a large someone with a ball bat. I am bruised and beaten from head to toe, but, for some super SICK reason I had the desire to get out there and do it again...if given a little sleep. Judy and I went to Boone that Sunday and I tried on all sorts of protective gear. I decided on a helmet (as you all know I have a very small head and helmets are hard to find) and was able to look at some boots and padded shorts. This was all just a compliment to a wonderful day in the mountains with Honey. Have I mentioned how cool she is being about all of this????? Anyway...


I eagerly awaited a phone call this week, but to your surprise, it did not deal with boating or snowboarding....Fletcher Henry Margeson (Tristan Cherry) was brought into this world, WITH MY HELP (as if Jenn and Jeff were not there) on 2/17/07 at 3:18AM. Jenn was a great asset in the whole process and Jeff was a hell of a rooter-on-er! It was the most AMAZING experience that will enjoy its own entry as soon as I am calm enough to write about. When I tell about it I still get really loud and obnoxious. Needless to say, I was up all night, pulled an all dayer at school, so I e mailed my Handsome Private Instructor and told him there was no way to make it for our normal Friday night date. I would like to say he was bummed, but I really don't think he was, BUT he DID agree to include me on his real date on Sunday for an all day session. Still a bit beat and battered (I have not figured out a good way to insert more than one picture on here so they don't take up a ridiculous amount of room, but when I do I have some shots of my knees at 2x their normal size, and an awesome hematoma on my elbow/arm where I did some tricep damage.) Sunday's all day session was made into a wonderful day for many reasons. Listed in no real order: good friends, we had real, fresh, puffy SNOW (pow pow...just for you, Brent), I was out doing something I am starting to love, and was pleasantly surprised by an old friends generosity of letting me use her beloved snowboard (which was a really big deal to me btw), and I think I am getting a bit better. I will start working on my jibbs and butters next week! My presses are coming along nicely if I could just get down the transitions from heal to toe edge and back again without catching...LOLOLOLOL!


That is the brief update. I made a new friend on the hill yesterday that I am excited about hanging out with. Not only do I think she is going to be a great ski bum with me, but I hope we get to spend quite a few evenings drinking beer and chatting after a day on the slopes.


I am looking forward to some rain that looks like might be coming our way. I need to get in my boat pretty soon. A Tellico day would be a nice addition to the month. If that does not happen, a Charlotte Whitewater session will be in order. We (me, Judy, Satan, and PB) will be heading to Lexington for the NPFF at the end of the week. I am SUPER excited that John Grace will be the featured speaker as he fascinates me for some odd reason. Dave, SPUD, has a short film entered that I can't wait to see. It is one of my favorite events of the year because Judy actually goes and has a fairly good time. I like sharing that part of my life with her.


There is SO much more I could add, but I will resist. The Colorado trip is in the works, I want to make a "real" snowboard trip soon (Anyone, Anyone, Anyone?????), and I still have not put up the pictures from Rock Island with Andy...my bff paddle guru, and the WHOLE Tristan Cherry tale needs to be told...that was unreal cool...did I mention that I DELIVERED HIM????????? LOLOLOLOL!


Best to you all...I look forward to warmth so some of you will crawl out of the woodwork and come out to play again.

L,
K







No comments: