Thursday, January 15, 2015

On The Verge


I have decided to join the rest of the Free World and create a blog. I am already wondering how well I will keep up with this and question my ability (lack of)to really do anything of use with or on the web, but I am going to give it a shot. Maybe this will serve as the catalyst for the purchase of a real digital camera so I can post my travels (that mostly reads kayaking trips)with those of you that care about them enough to hit this blog.

I tend to find myself ON THE VERGE with most that I tackle in life, be it on the verge of doing or not doing. It was once said that I was the soul in the middle of the woods with paths leading to everywhere and I was in constant state of being on the verge of trying all trails. The downside to this is that I don't know that I really can get anywhere being on the verge. Being stuck on the verge is a tasty and bitter spot to be in. I find that as I age I am more often on the verge of pushing myself into uncomfortable spots from which I can grow. Oddly enough, these journeys more often than not start in the cockpit (I just HAD to use the word cock)of my boat. I find my heart in my throat, my mind questioning my wants, and right there...on the verge...of fun, self exploration, disaster, triumph, melt-downs...So, here goes!

3 comments:

The Crone said...

I have no experience with a blog, but it is never too late to learn. I can tell by your post that you are a thoughtful, complex person. Good luck and don't fall off the edge!

Katie said...

the crone....thanks for hitting my blog. More to come soon...well, as soon as I figure out how to post consistantly.
Best,
K

Judy Ranelli said...

katie how did you get your first blog entry at 2015? I want to do that so I have an introduction beginning my blog as well.